Anna has extensive knowledge of the federal court system in Minnesota and uses her clerkship experience at both the magistrate and district court levels to assist clients in all stages of litigation.
Anna Tobin joined Greene Espel after clerking for the Honorable Ann D. Montgomery and the Honorable Magistrate Judge Franklin L. Noel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
During law school, Anna clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota and worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Commercial Civil Litigation, National Courts Section in Washington, D.C. She also completed an externship with the Honorable Susan Richard Nelson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. Anna was an accomplished oral advocate while in law school, competing on the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team and serving as the team’s student director.
Prior to attending law school, Anna worked as a civic educator for high school students in Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Summit Hill Association, Board Member (2014)
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team and “top ten” advocate at regional competition, University of Minnesota Law School
- Book Award for highest grade in Business Corporations, University of Minnesota Law School
- Book Award for highest grade in Legal Rhetoric: Research and Writing, American University Washington College of Law
- Greenkey Honor Society and Class Day Historian, Dartmouth College
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude (2013)
B.A., Dartmouth College, Government (2008)
United States District Court, Judge Ann D. Montgomery, Law Clerk (2015-2016)
United States District Court, Magistrate Judge Franklin L. Noel, Law Clerk (2013-2015)