Erin has over a decade of experience litigating complex cases. A skilled orator, Erin's excellent communication skills make for compelling presentations in courtrooms and boardrooms.
She has counseled individuals and corporations facing civil litigation, criminal prosecutions, and government investigations. And she also represents victims of crimes, guiding them through the criminal process and representing them in civil litigation. Erin prides herself on her ability to both collaborate with and challenge state and federal prosecutors, investigators, and other government representatives on behalf of clients under investigation for, or accused of, civil and criminal violations.
Erin’s clients include Fortune 500 companies as well as individuals and smaller organizations. She has represented clients facing mortgage repurchase claims, defending the originators and sellers of mortgage loans against banks and other investors demanding repurchase and indemnification. She also represents companies in complex business tort cases helping clients navigate multiple actions in different states and jurisdictions.
As a risk manager, Erin works alongside clients to proactively evaluate rules and regulations impacting their businesses and strategically respond. She has helped clients who have acquired foreign companies navigate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as assisted medical-device companies with government investigations under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
Erin also maintains a robust pro bono practice, advocating for mothers and children. Her advocacy includes; representing children through the Children’s Law Center who recognized her as Volunteer of the Month, helping review the City of Minneapolis Youth Violence Prevention Program, a founding member of the Minnesota Mother Attorneys Association, and serving on the Board of Directors of Our Fair Carousel. Erin also currently serves as the President of Macalester College’s Alumni Board.
- Represented numerous companies in state regulatory proceedings
- Represented victim in federal prosecution involving multi-million dollar embezzlement scheme, obtaining complete summary judgment in a related civil suit
- Represent business owners and executives in criminal, civil and regulatory proceedings, including:
- Represented corporate executives charged with insurance and with bank fraud
- Represented business owner charged with environmental violations
- Represented financial services executive in securities fraud suit
- Represented large international corporation in multiple lawsuits involving significant commercial torts
- Obtained complete summary judgment in civil litigation in favor of sole proprietor facing eleven causes of action
- Represent numerous mortgage originators against repurchase and indemnification claims in consolidated action
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
- FBA Seminar Planning Committee (2013-2015)
- Macalester College, Alumni Board, President (2016-present)
- Minnesota Mother Attorneys Association, Founding Member and Board Member, Co-Chair of Membership Committee
- Co-Chair, One Hour of Sharing Associates’ Campaign, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (2013-2014)
- Jeremiah Program, Propel Steering Committee (2010-2013)
- Children’s Law Center
- Erin volunteers as a pro bono attorney for the Children’s Law Center, a non-profit organization that provides legal representation to foster children
- Recognized as Up and Coming Attorney, Minnesota Lawyer (2017)
- Selected to Rising Stars list, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2011-2017)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2012-2015)
- Named Children's Law Center October 2013 Volunteer of the Month
- Business Litigation
- Compliance and Anti-Corruption
- Pro Bono
- White Collar Criminal Defense
J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude (2007)
B.A., Macalester College (2000)
Minnesota Court of Appeals, The Honorable Kevin G. Ross, Judicial Clerk (2007-2008)