Faris Rashid represents private sector clients in complex commercial matters, including cases involving trade secrets, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, technology and software-related disputes, and product liability claims.
Faris also helps clients anticipate disputes and manage risk outside of litigation. He advises corporate clients regarding FCPA and anti-corruption laws, and coordinates responses to government investigations, including those conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
Faris has represented both local enterpreneurs and Fortune 500 companies. In every case, Faris places particular emphasis on advising his clients in clear, practical terms, and ensuring they receive the highest level of representation.
Faris received his J.D., magna cum laude from the University of Wisconsin Law School, and his B.A., with high distinction, from the University of Wisconsin. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Ann D. Montgomery of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- State Bar of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Civil Section CLE Co-Chair
- Federal Bar Association
- Twin Cities Diversity in Practice
- Minnesota Opera, Tempo Young Professionals Group, Treasurer (2016-present)
- Lexington-Hamline Community Council, Vice President (2016-present)
- Americorps, Member, 2006-2007
- Contribution Author of "The Secrets to Winning Trade Secrets Cases," Thomson Reuters (2009)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- Mitchell-Hamline School of Law, Adjunct Professor (2016-present)
- Recent Developments in M&A Litigation, Minnesota CLE (September 1, 2015)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2015)
- University of Wisconsin Law School--Davis Award for Excellence in the Study of Constitutional Law
- Business Litigation
- Compliance and Anti-Corruption
- Intellectual Property
- Pro Bono
- Products Liability
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, magna cum laude (2010)
B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison, with high distinction (2006)
Faegre Baker Daniels, Associate (2011-2012; 2014-2016)
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, The Honorable Ann D. Montgomery, Law Clerk (2012-2014)