Assistant: Joyce Kammueller
- J.D., Harvard Law School, magna cum laude (2010); Harvard Human Rights Journal, Executive Editor, Selections Editor, Technical Editor
- LL.M., The American University in Cairo, International and Comparative Law (2007)
- A.B., Harvard College, Social Studies, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, The Honorable Chief Judge Michael J. Davis, Law Clerk (2011-2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, The Honorable Diana E. Murphy, Law Clerk (2010-2011)
Karl Procaccini represents clients in public and private sector litigation and counsels clients on global compliance matters.
Karl joined Greene Espel after clerking for Chief Judge Michael J. Davis of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota and Judge Diana E. Murphy of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Karl’s experience in federal trial and appellate court allows him to assist private and public sector clients with navigating all stages of litigation. Karl applies his international education and experience by advising clients involved in cross-border and overseas disputes.
As a member of Greene Espel’s Compliance and Anti-Corruption practice, Karl helps clients conduct due diligence and internal investigations related to anti-bribery laws, such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as other compliance regimes, including trade and export control. Karl has gained experience advising clients in their interactions with related government agencies and regulatory bodies, including the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Karl also helps clients prevent costly investigations and remediation by assisting them as they build effective and efficient compliance programs.
Karl received his J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, his LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo, and his A.B. magna cum laude from Harvard College. Before attending law school, Karl was a writing tutor at the American University in Cairo and a music and history teacher at the American International School in Cairo.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- International Business Law Institute Planning Committee (2013-present)
- International Business Law Section Governing Council (2014-present)
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Section of International Law
AWARDS & OTHER RECOGNITION
- Selected to Rising Stars list, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2015-2016)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2013-2015)
- Writing Center Fellow, The American University in Cairo
- Thomas T. Hoopes Prize, Harvard College
- James Gordon Bennett Prize, Harvard College
- John Peterson Elder Prize, Harvard College
- John Kenneth Galbraith Scholar, John F. Kennedy School of Government
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- The Supreme Court Term in Preview, Eighth Circuit Bar Association, Panelist (October 19, 2016).
- Investigation Mechanics, Conducting Effective Internal Investigations: Current Trends, Key Insights and Best Practices, Minnesota CLE, Panelist (August 3, 2016).
- Best Practices for Large Corporations: Compliance Programs and Investigations, Navigating the Global Regulatory Maze: A Practical Approach to Compliance–The 39th Annual International Business Law Institute, Panelist (April 30, 2015).
- Assistant Adjunct Professor, William Mitchell College of Law, Business Regulation and Compliance (Fall 2014).
- Constructing the Right “Not to Be Made a Refugee” at the European and Inter-American Courts of Human Rights, 22 Harvard Human Rights Journal 271 (2009).
- American Constitution Society
- Harvard Law School Student Chapter Board (2008-2009)
- National Conference Host Committee (2012)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Chapter
- President (2013-present)
- Board Member (2012)
- DFL Lawyers Committee, Steering Committee (2015-present)
- The Advocates for Human Rights, Volunteer Attorney
- Federal Bar Association Pro Se Project, Volunteer Attorney
Government and Constitutional Litigation
Internal Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense
Compliance and Anti-Corruption