Assistant: Ann Mertz
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, With High Distinction (1999); Member, Iowa Law Review; Antitrust Law Research Assistant to Professor Herbert Hovenkamp
- M.A., University of Iowa College of Business Administration, Economics (1999)
- B.A., University of Northern Iowa, With Highest Honors, Public Administration and Political Science (1995)
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P., Minneapolis, Minnesota, Associate (2000-2008)
- Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon, Chicago, Illinois; Attorney (1999-2000); Law Clerk (1998-1999); Summer Associate (1998)
Beth Krueger represents clients in complex business litigation, including antitrust, intellectual property and contractual disputes. Drawing on her advanced degree in economics, Beth regularly works with economists, accountants and financial experts to develop and analyze the liability and damages evidence at the core of business claims and defenses. Beth also advises clients on government investigations and manages client responses to government information requests. She has appeared before federal and state agencies and has tried an extensive monopolization case in front of the FTC. Beth also has substantial experience in class action defense.
In addition to litigation, Beth counsels business clients, providing legal guidance in conjunction with pricing, sales and distribution issues. Beth is the former Chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, and regularly teaches in these areas. Her experience in teaching antitrust concepts carries over to her practice, where she assists clients with employee training in all areas related to competition law.
Beth is also skilled at assisting clients with commercial disputes. She has frequently conducted internal investigations to evaluate the strength of her clients' positions in conjunction with disputes. She has provided guidance on the law and strategy to help her clients arrive at informed negotiating positions.
She also understands issues from a client perspective. For over two years, Beth functioned as Senior Counsel for a major Fortune 500 company. From this experience, she gained valuable insights into how clients analyze risk.
Beth is committed to community service, volunteering for the Children’s Law Center and the River Valleys Girl Scout Council. She is also active in the Minnesota Women Lawyers bar association (“MWL”). She chaired the MWL Research Committee, which analyzes the current status of—and opportunities for—women in the practice of law in Minnesota.
- Represented a client asserting claims for breach of contract, tortious interference, Lanham Act violations, and misappropriation of trade secrets against domestic and international defendants. Secured a permanent injunction and damages judgment of more than $20 million against a defendant located in Spain.
- Defended client against monopolization and unfair completion claims asserting an unlawful refusal to deal and exclusive dealing.
- Represented client in Federal Trade Commission investigation regarding consummated merger resulting in consent decree.
- Represented client in Federal Trade Commission investigation regarding unlawful agreement to fix prices through buyer (monopsony) contract.
- Defended client in price fixing opt-out case and eventually secured transfer of case to Texas based on 28 U.S.C. 1404(a).
- Represented client in escrow dispute regarding multi-million earn out clause in acquisition agreement and successfully negotiated settlement through mediation.
- Represented client who had been defrauded by business partner and successfully obtained summary judgment in client’s favor on civil conversion claim.
- Conducted major internal investigation for the audit committee of a large public company and reported to Board of Directors on findings and recommendations.
- Conducted investigation into potential predatory pricing and price-fixing allegations for client and reported findings and recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Represented client in investigation by the Minnesota Attorney General’s office regarding consumer fraud allegations.
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- State Bar of Minnesota
- State Bar of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Research Committee, Co-Chair, 2011-2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Antitrust Law Section
- Chair, 2008-2009
- Vice Chair, 2007-2008
- Secretary/Treasurer, 2006-2007
- Governing Council Member 2004-present
AWARDS & OTHER RECOGNITION
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2014, 2017)
- Selected to Super Lawyers list, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2003-2016)
- Named "Up and Coming" by Chambers USA (Antitrust) (2016)
- Named in Chambers USA as a Notable Practitioner in Antitrust (2015)
- Bethany D. Krueger & Amy Taber, "Introducing the MWL Compendium," With Equal Right, Vol. XXXVI, Issue III (Winter 2012).
- Bethany D. Krueger & Kate N. Hibbard, "Wal-Mart (v. Dukes) Sells Rule 23’s New Roadmap," ABA Antitrust Business Torts & Civil RICO Committee, Vol. 8, Issue 1 (Fall 2011).
- Bethany D. Krueger & Sybil L. Dunlop, "A Summary of Antitrust Counterclaims in IP Litigation," Minnesota CLE (2011).
- “Shutts Meets the Baby Shermans: Considerations Affecting Choice of Federal or State Court for the Prosecution of Antitrust Class Actions,” Sedona Conf. J., Vol. 2 (Fall 2001) (with James R. Safley).
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- What You Need to Know About Antitrust Developments and How They Relate to IP, Midwest Intellectual Property Institute, Minnesota CLE, Panelist (September 2015).
- 2015 Amendments to Federal Rules of E-Discovery, client presentation (July 2015).
- Tips for E-Discovery, Winning Tips for Successful Litigation, Minnesota CLE (February 26, 2015).
- "Hot Topics in Antitrust Law," sponsored by Minnesota Women Lawyers (2012).
- "Antitrust Issues That May Arise in Patent Litigation," Antitrust Law Issues in Intellectual Property Litigation and Licensing, sponsored by Minnesota CLE (2011).
- "Antitrust Law in Practice: Examining Price and Non-Price Restraints," Antitrust Law Fundamentals, sponsored by Minnesota CLE and the MSBA Antitrust Law Section (2009).
- "Miscellaneous Unilateral Non-Price Restraints," Antitrust Law Fundamentals, sponsored by Minnesota CLE and the MSBA Antitrust Law Section (2009).
- Golden Valley Lutheran Church Endowment Fund, Committee Member (2004-2014)
- Fourth Generation of The Minneapolis Foundation, Member (2011-2012); Advisory Board (2012-2014)
- The Minneapolis Foundation, Foundation Board Planning Committee for Foundation Centennial (2015)
- River Valleys Girl Scout Council, Fund Development Committee Member (2012-present)
- Children’s Law Center, Volunteer Attorney (2002-Present)
Employment Litigation, Investigations and Counseling
Internal Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense