Assistant: Jennifer Onsgard
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, cum laude (1981)
- M.S., Michigan State University, with high honor (1978)
- B.A., Michigan State University, with high honor (1977)
- Shapiro Professional Association, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Managing Partner (1997-2004)
- Maslon Edelman Borman & Brand, LLP, Minneapolis, Minnesota (1981-1997)
Larry Shapiro is a valued confidant to the inner management circles of clients all over the world. With a broad global network of litigators, transactional attorneys, accountants, appraisers and other professionals, Larry can quickly mobilize the teams required to solve a wide array of problems. Larry is a litigator whose numerous courtroom victories and professional honors have earned him the respect of clients from the United States, China, Brazil, Mexico, Europe and Panama. His greatest reward, however, comes from using proactive litigation-avoidance, investigation and anti-corruption strategies that help Greene Espel’s clients succeed in an increasingly global marketplace.
- Gander Mountain Company v. Lazard Middle Market, LLC, 2012 WL 118236 (Minn. App. Jan. 17, 2012).
- In Re Arrowhead Capital Management LLC Class Action, 712 F. Supp 924 (D. Minn. May 17, 2010).
- Richard Johnson v. Deloitte & Touche LLP, 2008 WL 2331578 (D. Minn. 2008)
- The Crest Group Incorporated v. Deloitte & Touche LLP, 2007 WL 2769619 (Minn. App. Sept. 25, 2007).
- Herbert Thompson, et al. v. Deloitte & Touche LLP, 503F. Supp. 2d 1118 (S.D. Iowa 2007)
- Allen Guthmiller v. Deloitte & Touche LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLC, 699 N.W.2d 493 (S.D. 2005)
- Chisum LLC v. Chief Automotive Systems, 61 USPQ 2d 1054 (D. Minn. 2001)
- Reid Enterprises, Inc. v. Deloitte & Touche LLP, 2000 WL 665684, 2000 LEXIS 486 (Minn. App. May 23, 2000)
- Joseph D. Chutich v. Touche Ross & Co., 759 F.Supp. 1403 (D. Minn. 1991), 960 F.2d 721 (8th Cir. 1992)
- Northwest Racquet Swim and Health Clubs, Inc. v. Deloitte & Touche, 1994 WL 481345 (Minn. Ct. App. Sept 6, 1994), 535 N.W.2d 612 (Minn. 1995)
- Empi, Inc. v. Iomed, Inc., 923 F.Supp. 1159 (D. Minn. 1996)
- Midwest Federal Savings and Loan Assn. of Minneapolis v. Green Tree Acceptance, Inc., 1989 WL 411604 (D. Minn., Aug. 17, 1989)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2010-2018)
- Selected to Super Lawyers list, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2003-2004, 2006, 2008, 2011-2017)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- Commercial Arbitration 2011: New Developments and Strategies for Efficient, Cost-Effective Dispute Resolution, Practising Law Institute, New York, New York (October 12, 2011).
- Accounting 101 For Attorneys, National Business Institute, Eau Claire, Wisconsin (December 29, 2010).
- Liability Issues For Accounting Firms, CPAsNET.com, 17th Mid-Year Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee (November 11-13, 2010).
- Litigation Issues Affecting Auto Dealers, National Alliance of Auto Dealer Advisors, Summer Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota (June 26-29, 2010).
- Phillips Eye Institute Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota; Past Member of the Board of Trustees of the foundation for the second largest surgical eye care hospital in the United States.
- Temple Israel, Minneapolis, Minnesota; Past Vice President
- Sholom Community Alliance, Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota; Past President of non-profit corporation which owns and operates nursing homes, assisted living facilities and independent housing.
- Community Housing & Service Corporation, Minneapolis, Minnesota; Past President of senior housing non-profit corporation.
Compliance and Anti-Corruption
Employment Litigation, Investigations and Counseling
Internal Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense
Design and Construction