Assistant: Ann Mertz
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude (2007); National Security and Law Society President; Burton Brief Award Nominee; Tax Moot Court Alternate
- B.A., Macalester College (2000)
- Minnesota Court of Appeals, The Honorable Kevin G. Ross, Judicial Clerk (2007-2008)
- Ramsey County Attorney’s Office, Criminal Appeals, Law Clerk (2006-2007)
- William Mitchell College of Law, Research Assistant to A. John Radsan, Professor of Law (2005-2007)
Erin Sindberg Porter represents individuals and corporations facing civil litigation, criminal prosecutions, and government investigations. Erin is experienced in dealing with state and federal prosecutors, investigators, and other government representatives on behalf of clients under investigation for, or accused of, civil or criminal violations. Erin has represented numerous victims of crimes, helping those victims navigate the criminal process and representing them in civil litigation. She also assists individuals and businesses responding to subpoenas and other investigative demands.
While guiding her clients through regulatory processes and government investigations, Erin works cooperatively with state and federal agencies. Erin has helped her clients acquire foreign companies while navigating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act as well as assisted a large medical device company with a governmental investigation under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
In addition to her investigations work, Erin also represents clients in complex commercial litigation. Erin’s clients include businesses—from smaller organizations to large Fortune 500 companies—as well as individuals. She frequently represents clients facing mortgage repurchase claims, defending the originators and sellers of mortgage loans against banks demanding repurchase and indemnification.
Erin is an involved member of her community. Erin is a founding member of the Minnesota Mother Attorneys Association and is also the President-Elect of Macalester College’s Alumni Board. An active volunteer, Erin has helped review the City of Minneapolis Youth Violence Prevention Program. She frequently represents foster children through the Children’s Law Center, where she was recognized as their October 2013 Volunteer of the Month.
- Appointed by the Court as an ESI liaison in significant multi-district litigation.
- Represent numerous mortgage originators against repurchase and indemnification claims.
- Represented victim in federal prosecution involving multi-million dollar embezzlement scheme.
- Represent business owners and executives in criminal, civil and regulatory proceedings, including:
- Represented various local businesses, business owners, and financial services brokers investigated for fraud.
- Represented corporate executives charged with insurance and with bank fraud
- Represented business owner charged with environmental violations.
- Represented financial services executive in securities fraud suit.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association
- FBA Seminar Planning Committee (2013-2015)
AWARDS AND OTHER RECOGNITION
- Selected to Rising Stars list, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2011-2016)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2012-2015)
- Named Children's Law Center October 2013 Volunteer of the Month
- CALI Awards for highest grade in Federal Jurisdiction, Constitutional Law Liberties, Constitutional Law Powers, and Public International Law
- Dean's List, William Mitchell College of Law (Fall 2005-Spring 2007)
- Macalester College, Alumni Board, President-Elect
- Co-Chair, One Hour of Sharing Associates’ Campaign, Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (2013-2014)
- Macalester College, Class Agent, Class of 2000
- Jeremiah Program, Propel Steering Committee (2010-2013)
- Minnesota Mother Attorneys Association, Founding Member and Board Member, Co-Chair of Membership Committee
- Children’s Law Center
Erin volunteers as a pro bono attorney for the Children’s Law Center, a non-profit organization that provides legal representation to foster children.
Internal Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense
Compliance and Anti-Corruption