- J.D., Stanford Law School (2011); Stanford Law Review, Co-Executive Editor/Board Member
- B.A., St. Olaf College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science (2005)
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Justice Alan C. Page, Law Clerk (2011-2012)
- Teach For America, Recruitment Director (2007-2008)
- Teach For America, Corps Member and Teacher (2005-2007)
Janine Wetzel joined Greene Espel in 2012 after clerking for Justice Alan C. Page of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Janine received her J.D. from Stanford Law School. While at law school, Janine interned at the Texas Civil Rights Project, the Bronx Defenders, and a fair-housing law firm in California. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from St. Olaf College.
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
State of Minnesota
Minnesota State Bar Association
Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Gerald Gunther Prize for Outstanding Performance in Criminal Procedure: Adjudication, Stanford Law School.
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Service, Stanford Law School. This award is given to one honoree annually.
- Western Regional Championship Team, National Black Law Students Association Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition.
Board Member, Charter School Partners (2012- ).