- J.D., Harvard Law School, magna cum laude (2010); Harvard Human Rights Journal, Executive Editor, Selections Editor, Technical Editor
- LL.M., The American University in Cairo, International and Comparative Law (2007)
- A.B., Harvard College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Social Studies (2005)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, The Honorable Chief Judge Michael J. Davis, Law Clerk (2011-2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, The Honorable Diana E. Murphy, Law Clerk (2010-2011)
Karl Procaccini joined Greene Espel in 2012 after clerking for Chief Judge Michael J. Davis of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota and Judge Diana E. Murphy of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Karl received his J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, his LL.M. from the American University in Cairo, and his A.B. magna cum laude from Harvard College.
Since joining Greene Espel, Karl has helped conduct investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other anti-bribery laws. He has also advised owners of a closely held corporation and assisted clients with several civil litigation matters in Federal court.
During law school, Karl served as a member of the Harvard International Human Rights Clinic, which represents clients before federal trial and appellate courts. He interned at Oxfam America and the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office. Before attending law school, Karl was a writing tutor at the American University in Cairo and a music and history teacher at the American International School in Cairo.
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
State of Minnesota
Constructing the Right “Not to Be Made a Refugee” at the European and Inter-American Courts of Human Rights, 22 Harvard Human Rights Journal 271 (2009).
Federal Bar Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
Hennepin County Bar Association
Writing Center Fellow, The American University in Cairo
Thomas T. Hoopes Prize, Harvard College
James Gordon Bennett Prize, Harvard College
John Peterson Elder Prize, Harvard College
John Kenneth Galbraith Scholar, John F. Kennedy School of Government
Student Hurricane Network
Volunteer Law Clerk (2008)
Lowell House, Harvard College
Non-Resident Tutor (2007-08, 2010-2012)
Resident Tutor (2008-2010)
American Constitution Society
Harvard Law School Student Chapter Board (2008-2009)
National Conference Host Committee (2012)
Minneapolis-St. Paul Chapter, Board Member (2012), President (2013-present)