We defend lawsuits and offer compliance counseling on environmental issues. We have worked with agriculture, energy, manufacturing, mining, and many other sectors. State and local governments also turn to us to resolve environmental issues.
We have addressed issues concerning air, water, noise, contaminated-land liability, waste disposal, toxic substances, and natural resources. We work diligently to understand your needs, provide sound advice, and collaborate to develop pragmatic solutions to your environmental issues.
- We represented a Fortune 500 company against Superfund, RCRA, MERA, and various common law claims involving contamination at a former railyard
- We represented a Nebraska manufacturing company and obtained indemnification from a major petroleum company for its prior contamination of the property
- We represented a titanium dioxide company with two neighboring facilities in Ohio in multiple mediations, arbitrations, and lawsuits
- For a client involved with one of the biggest Superfund sites in the nation, we negotiated settlements and allocation agreements involving adjoining properties, indemnity issues, successor owners, response actions, interim and permanent funding agreements, landfill RCRA compliance issues, on-site TSCA issues associated with past releases of PCBs, and natural resource damage allegations
- We represented owners and operators of refineries in individual and putative class action lawsuits by neighbors alleging personal injury and property damage or diminution in value allegedly arising out of air emissions, odors, and releases to groundwater
- We defended an electric utility faced with noise nuisance claims by neighbors of an electrical substation, and successfully resolved the claims
- On behalf of a major refinery faced with state and federal, civil, criminal, and media investigations, we negotiated compliance agreements, assisted with internal audits, and represented the company in resolving issues that had spread over several years
- We have represented clients in rule-making proceedings and have initiated court challenges to ordinances and regulations for preemption or invalidity
- We have defended permitted entities responding to citizen suits for alleged noncompliance with permits or regulations