Jeya Paul is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on intellectual property and other complex commercial disputes.
She has experience with all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigations to trial and post-trial proceedings. Jeya has represented clients in patent litigation matters in district courts across the country and at the Federal Circuit. She also has experience with inter partes reviews at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Jeya is a graduate of Stanford Law School and a former federal district court law clerk. Prior to law school, Jeya spent several years at a major consulting firm, where she worked on and managed teams responsible for various aspects of software development.
- Represented a major manufacturer and marketer of consumer food products against claims of breach of a license agreement to achieve a favorable resolution
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of consumer and industrial products against a competitor in a patent infringement case involving automotive spray paint technology and obtained a consent judgment in the client’s favor
- Represented a medical technology conglomerate in a dispute, over a supply agreement and intellectual property relating to heart valve components, in which a favorable settlement was obtained for the client
- Represented a large medical devices company against a claim of patent infringement directed at the client’s prosthetic hip implants in a case in which summary judgment of non-infringement was obtained for the client
- Successfully defended a prominent storage technology company against intellectual property and employment discrimination claims asserted by a former employee
- Served on the trial team that obtained a complete defense verdict for the same storage technology company in a patent infringement action in which the plaintiff asserted a multi-million dollar damages claim
- State Bar of Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- The Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
J.D., Stanford Law School (2006); Executive Editor, Stanford Law Review
B.A., Macalester College, Economics (1998)
Jeya Paul Law PLLC, Freelance Lawyer. (2016-2017)
Faegre Baker Daniels, Associate. (2006-2013; 2014-2016)
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. The Honorable Joan N. Ericksen, Judicial Clerk (2013-2014)
Accenture, Various Positions. (1998-2003)