Ryan Helmer has served as Greene Espel’s IT Manager since 2001, with overall responsibility for developing, implementing, and guiding firm-wide technology initiatives.
Over the years, Ryan has been responsible for numerous strategic technology projects, including implementation of cutting-edge systems that allow our attorneys and employees to have seamless and secure access to our systems, regardless of where our attorneys are traveling for business. He is currently leading the firm’s efforts to secure ISO 27001 certification. Seen as a thought leader in legal technology, Ryan led the firm’s green initiatives ten years before it became popular with other firms.
Ryan has been a speaker locally for the Association of Legal Administrators Minnesota (ALAMN) and nationally for International Legal Technology Association (ILTA).
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- Association of Legal Administrators, Minnesota (ALAMN)
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- “Alternative Document Management Systems” ILTA (August 2016)
- “IT Panel,” ALAMN (August 2016)
- “Planning, Planning, and more Planning for your Office Move,” ALAMN (February 2013)
- “Taming the Email Monster,” ILTA (June 2012)
Unsung Legal Hero, Minnesota Lawyer (2012)
MCSE, MCP, CompTIA A+
B.S., University of Wisconsin-Superior, Math and Music, summa cum laude (1999)