Institutional investors and public companies alike have turned to Greene Espel in high-stakes securities litigation: fraud cases, multi-million-dollar battles over the terms of securities, class actions, shareholder disputes, RMBS, and more.
We bring deep industry knowledge and experience in complex commercial matters to bear on cases in state and federal courts across the country, as well as securities arbitrations. We work collaboratively with our clients, arriving at alternative fee arrangements where appropriate in our client’s interest.
Our lawyers have handled a wide range of securities disputes. For example:
- Defense of over fifty separate class action lawsuits, which included securities law violations and other claims.
- Representation of securities class action and derivative action plaintiffs.
- Representation of closely held corporations and minority shareholders in shareholder-oppression lawsuits and special litigation committee proceedings.
- Enforcement of terms in fixed income securities triggered by mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate actions.
- Defense of fraudulent transfer claims arising from buyouts of securities holders.
- RMBS cases, such as proceedings seeking to have trustees enforce RMBS trusts’ claims, objections to RMBS putback action settlements, disputes over the distribution of settlement funds, and disputes between certificateholders and servicers.
- Cases against professionals allegedly involved in securities fraud.
- Representation of a liquidation trustee as a minority shareholder, in a dispute over allocation of acquisition proceeds.
- Defense of municipal bond issuers against securities fraud claims.