Emily represents companies in complex civil litigation as well as government and internal investigations. Emily's relationship-centered approach to serving her clients ensures she is effectively able to understand and then meet their business needs.
A thoughtful litigator, Emily advises businesses in a variety of practices, with particular experience in False Claims Act litigation and breach-of-contract actions. Clients appreciate Emily's direct, focused, and practical approach, her ability to anticipate challenges, and her superb grasp of the court system.
Before joining Greene Espel, Emily served as a law clerk to the Honorable David S. Doty of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Patrick J. Schiltz of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. Prior to law school, Emily managed alumni relations for Carleton College and Hamline University.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter Law School Outreach Committee, Co-Chair (2021 - present)
- Board of Directors, Carleton Ultimate Fund, 2016-2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association Excellence in Employment Law Award, 2018
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; Managing Editor, Minnesota Law Review
B.A., Carleton College, History, cum laude
Fredrikson & Byron, Associate
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, The Honorable David S. Doty, Law Clerk
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Judge Patrick J. Schiltz, Judicial Extern