Jeya Paul is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on intellectual property and other complex commercial disputes.
She has experience with all stages of intellectual-property litigation, from pre-suit investigations to trial and post-trial proceedings. Jeya has represented clients in patent, copyright, and trademark matters in courts across the country. She also has experience with proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Jeya is a graduate of Stanford Law School and a former federal district court law clerk. Prior to law school, Jeya spent several years at a major consulting firm, where she worked on and managed teams responsible for various aspects of software development.
- J.D., Stanford Law School; Executive Editor, Stanford Law Review
- B.A., Macalester College, Economics
- Jeya Paul Law PLLC, Freelance Lawyer
- Faegre Baker Daniels, Associate
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. The Honorable Joan N. Ericksen, Judicial Clerk
- Accenture, Various Positions
- State Bar of Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Federal Bar Association
- The Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Jeya's Practice Areas
Copyright LitigationExplore Practice Area
Greene Espel is frequently called upon to protect copyright interests as well as defend against claims of copyright infringement.
Patent LitigationExplore Practice Area
From lead medical-device companies to major high-tech manufacturers, clients turn to Greene Espel to represent them in significant disputes involving patents and other intellectual property rights.
Trademark LitigationExplore Practice Area
From premier brand-owners to niche device manufacturers, clients seek Greene Espel’s counsel in complex disputes involving trademarks.
Trade Secret LitigationExplore Practice Area
From burgeoning high-tech companies to established international manufacturers, healthcare giants, and established financial services and insurance institutions, clients regularly turn to Greene Espel to represent them in disputes involving trade secrets.
Commercial LitigationExplore Practice Area
Our business litigation practice embraces the wide variety of commercial disputes facing private and public companies today. Areas of particular expertise include intellectual property, antitrust, securities, employment, professional liability, and construction disputes.
Class ActionsExplore Practice Area
Clients regularly turn to Greene Espel when faced with high-stakes, class-action litigation. Greene Espel attorneys have defended dozens of putative class actions in federal and state courts all across the country.
Non-Compete Disputes and LitigationExplore Practice Area
Employees come and go. When their departures implicate legal obligations, Greene Espel can help. Greene Espel mobilizes immediately when clients must seek, or defend against, expedited injunction motions that may arise when employees move from one job to another.
Antitrust and CompetitionExplore Practice Area
Greene Espel can help you navigate antitrust and competition investigations, government enforcement actions, white collar criminal investigations and litigation, trial and appellate litigation, and compliance counseling.
AppellateExplore Practice Area
“What’s next?” Greene Espel can guide you through the appellate process, providing an objective assessment of the pivotal issues, developing a strategy based on how appellate judges are likely to view a case in light of legal, institutional, and policy considerations, and advocating effectively.
Cases & Wins
- Devised and implemented the legal strategy that achieved a summary judgment win for a national retailer whose children’s clothing line was accused of copyright infringement
- Represented a major manufacturer and marketer of consumer food products against claims of breach of a license agreement to achieve a favorable resolution
- Represented a multinational manufacturer of consumer and industrial products against a competitor in a patent infringement case involving automotive spray paint technology and obtained a consent judgment in the client’s favor
- Represented a medical technology conglomerate in a dispute, over a supply agreement and intellectual property relating to heart valve components, in which a favorable settlement was obtained for the client
- Represented a large medical devices company against a claim of patent infringement directed at the client’s prosthetic hip implants in a case in which summary judgment of non-infringement was obtained for the client
- Successfully defended a prominent storage technology company against intellectual property and employment discrimination claims asserted by a former employee
- Served on the trial team that obtained a complete defense verdict for the same storage technology company in a patent infringement action in which the plaintiff asserted a damages claim in the hundreds of millions