Anna Tobin represents companies in internal investigations and complex business disputes. Anna makes strong connections with her clients, helping them navigate their most sensitive matters to achieve productive solutions.
Anna routinely conducts internal and agency investigations. She has assisted clients in investigating business practices and workplace misconduct, as well as responding to government investigations at the state and federal level. Clients appreciate Anna’s straightforward approach and trust her to effectively interface with government agencies. No matter the situation, Anna approaches investigations with sensitivity and thoroughness.
As a litigator, Anna represents clients in complex business litigation across the country. She has extensive knowledge of the federal court system in Minnesota and uses her clerkship experience at both the magistrate and district court levels to assist clients in all stages of litigation. Clients trust Anna to develop effective and creative legal strategies while simultaneously considering a business’s unique needs.
Anna maintains a strong pro bono practice, representing clients in asylum proceedings and criminal matters.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Federal Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Federal Practice Committee, Member
- SteppingStone Theater (2017-present)
- Summit Hill Association, Board Member (2014)
TEACHING AND LECTURING
- How to Litigate a Civil Case in Minnesota –Success from the Get-Go: Matters Preliminary to Suit and Pre-Filing Considerations, Minnesota CLE (December 2019)
- Privilege in Multiparty Litigation - The Joint Defense and Common Interest Privileges, Pressure on the Privilege, Minnesota CLE (September 2019)
- It Just Got Personal: Recent Developments in Personal Jurisdiction, Minnesota CLE (May 2019)
- The "Soft Sciences" in a "Hard Science" World: Presenting Behavioral Science Opinions under Daubert and Frye-Mack, Minnesota CLE (December 2016)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2017-2018)
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team and “top ten” advocate at regional competition, University of Minnesota Law School
- Book Award for highest grade in Business Corporations, University of Minnesota Law School
- Book Award for highest grade in Legal Rhetoric: Research and Writing, American University Washington College of Law
- Greenkey Honor Society and Class Day Historian, Dartmouth College
J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude
B.A., Dartmouth College, Government
United States District Court, Judge Ann D. Montgomery, Law Clerk
United States District Court, Magistrate Judge Franklin L. Noel, Law Clerk