Davida crafts legal arguments with purpose, keeping the desired and feasible outcome for each case in mind and always focusing on the big picture.
Davida began her legal career in New York City where she represented clients in complex civil litigation—including class actions and multimillion-dollar antitrust and government enforcement actions. As part of her pro bono and appellate practice, Davida represented amici in the Supreme Court, Second Circuit, Eastern District of New York, and state courts across the country.
At Greene Espel, Davida continues to help clients navigate complex antitrust and competition matters before trial and appellate courts. She also advises clients on government enforcement actions and government investigations, handles a variety of employment matters, including non-competes and internal investigations, and represents clients in appeals. Davida has argued cases before the District of Minnesota, Minnesota Court of Appeals, and Minnesota District Court.
Davida was recently appointed to a Merit Selection Panel by the United States District Judges of the District of Minnesota to advise on the selection of a new United States Magistrate Judge. She has been recognized by her peers as a Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020) and was named in Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2021).
- State of Minnesota
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers
- Why the Supreme Court Denied Review of Eighth Circuit Murder Conviction, Law.com (January 2021)
- Appointed to the Merit Selection Panel by Chief Judge John R. Tunheim to advise the U.S. District Court of the District of Minnesota on the selection of a new U.S. Magistrate Judge (January 2021)
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
- Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers (2020-2021)
- Recognized as Minnesota State Bar Association North Star Lawyer for pro bono service (2019)
- Antitrust and Competition
- Class Actions
- Compliance and Anti-Corruption
- Government and Constitutional Litigation
J.D., Harvard Law School (2015); Harvard Black Law Students Association, Internal Vice President (2014-2015); Harvard Journal on Racial and Ethnic Justice, Executive Editor
M.Ed., Boston University, Curriculum and Teaching
B.A., Yale University, Political Science and African American Studies
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Judge Patrick J. Schiltz, Law Clerk (2017-2018)
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Associate (2015-2017)
Boston Collegiate Charter School, 5th and 6th Grade Special Education Teacher (2010-2012)