News & Updates
The 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America recognizes seven Greene Espel attorneys. Best Lawyers compiles its annual recognition by an exhaustive peer review survey which is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. Approximately 5% of practicing lawyers in the United States are recognized in the latest edition.
John Baker and Jenny Gassman-Pines have been given particular recognition this year. John Baker was selected as the 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" in Minneapolis for Land Use and Zoning Law. Jenny Gassman-Pines was selected as the 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" in Minneapolis for Litigation – Labor and Employment. "Lawyer of the Year" recognitions are awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location.
2023 Best Lawyers:
- John Baker (Appellate Practice; Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Municipal)
- Jeanette Bazis (Commercial Litigation; Employment Law - Management; Litigation - Intellectual Property; Litigation – Labor & Employment)
- Sybil Dunlop (Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Management; Litigation - Intellectual Property)
- Jenny Gassman-Pines (Litigation - Labor and Employment)
- Mark Johnson (Commercial Litigation)
- John Orenstein (Commercial Litigation)
- Larry Shapiro (Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Construction; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Litigation - Real Estate; Litigation - Securities)
In addition, seven Greene Espel lawyers are named to the 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list. This recognition is given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch:
- Amran Farah (Commercial Litigation; Intellectual Property Law)
- Holley Horrell (Commercial Litigation; Intellectual Property Law; Litigation - Labor and Employment)
- Aaron Knoll (Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Energy Law)
- Faris Rashid (Commercial Litigation)
- Nick Scheiner (Litigation – Securities)
- Anna Tobin (Commercial Litigation; Energy Law)
- Davida Williams (Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
About Greene Espel PLLP: Clients and legal industry insiders recognize Greene Espel PLLP as one of the leading boutique law firms in the country. The firm provides high-quality legal services to organizations of all sizes—from Fortune 50 corporations to innovative startups to the public sector—in the key areas of trials and appeals, investigations and compliance, and dispute resolution and risk management. To provide clients with the best possible service, the firm threw out the traditional law-firm management model. We don’t track origination; every client is a firm client. We don’t have associates; our attorneys have an equal vote in the firm’s management. Greene Espel’s unique approach attracts and retains diverse, top-tier talent who are personally invested in clients’ successes and who regularly outpunch the biggest firms in the world at a fraction of the cost.